Uber in Pakistan – How to become Uber Partner in Pakistan?
Uber, the world’s most popular on-demand transportation service entered Pakistan in March, 2016. Among it’s rivals, Uber is pushing hard to gain a strong foothold in Pakistan.
Uber’s largest share of customers comes from the middle-class. Upto this point, everthing is ‘so far so good’ as people are preferring Uber over other available services. This is mainly becuase the rates are comparatively cheaper and 24×7 availability of cars in more than 80% of areas.
The business of rent-a-car service in Pakistan has taken a totally new shape after arrival of on-demand transportation companies. Many of rent-a-car companies have employed their cars in Uber and Careem rather than relying and waiting for individual customers.
The process of being an Uber Partner is simple, provided you fulfil their terms. Please read the step-by-step process below to be an Uber Partner:
- Go this link, fill and submit the form: https://www.uber.com/a/join/?exp=a-t4
- Once submitted, you’ll get a call from Uber representative (this may take 2 to 7 business days) for verification and attending a training session
- Attend the training session and start making money with Uber!
Some important thing to consider before partnering with Uber:
- Make sure you have a valid Driving License, a Police Character Certifiate and your car Registration Documents.
- Uber generally accepts all sedans and hatchbacks which are 1000cc or more in power and must be of model 2010 onwards.
- Your car should be well-maintained without any sponsored branding/stickering.
- Uber does not provides any car maintainence, medical or any other type of expense.
- Uber does not provide drivers/personnel to drive your cars. You’ll yourself driver the car.
- You should have a smartphone to install Uber Partner application.
- As of now, Uber can only be used for within-city travelling as you can not have intercity rides.
I have collected some data from Uber Partners in Lahore to find how much they are earning per month. This data shows average income and total KMs in last three months. The earning figure excludes the fuel and maintainence costs.
Name: Muhammad Aslam
Car: Toyotal Corolla 2015
Average KMs of ride per month: 4600
Earning: Rs. 112000/=
Name: Rana Tahir
Car: Toyota Corolla 2015
Average KMs of ride per month: 3200
Earning: Rs. 45000/=
Name: Umair Bhatti
Car: Honda City 2016
Average KMs of ride per month: 5000
Earning: Rs. 125000/=
Car: Toyota Vitz
Average KMs of ride per month: 4200
Earning: Rs. 96000/=
Name: Bilal Mustafa
Car: Honda Civic 2015
Average KMs of ride per month: 4400
Earning: Rs. 115000/=
Name: M Nadeem
Car: Suzuki Wagon R
Average KMs of ride per month: 1200
Earning: Rs. 14000/=